The true successor to classic shooters such as Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, and Blood.
Ion Fury is an shooting game game made by Voidpoint, LLC and published by 3D Realms. Creators of Duke Nukem 3D, Prey, and Max Payne, are excited to team up with Voidpoint to bring back the legendary Build Engine, famously known for classic first-person shooters like Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, and Blood. Ion Fury is the real deal! Shelly’s crusade to take down Heskel’s army will see her leave destruction in her wake with a wide arsenal of weapons, complete with alternate fire modes and different ammo types. Her signature revolver, the tri-barreled Loverboy, brings enemies pain and players pleasure with both single shots and Old West-style hammer fanning action. Who needs a regular shotgun when you can load buckshot into your grenade launcher? Violent, over-the-top Bowling Bombs rip enemies apart with ease.
Release Date: 7 May, 2019
Developer: Voidpoint, LLC
Publisher: 3D Realms
Genre: Action, Indie
Steam Download – Ion Fury
OS: Win 7
OS: Win 10
- Experience the original BUILD engine on steroids, pumped up and ready to rock again after 20 years!
- The classic ’90s FPS action you love, meshed with modern inventions like locational damage and seamless level transitions.
- Duck, jump, climb, swim, and blast your way through 7 exciting zones packed with multiple levels of mayhem!
- ZERO PROCEDURAL GENERATION. All levels are hand made and full of multiple paths, cool effects, and complex set pieces!
- A beautiful game world assembled from thousands of hand-crafted textures and sprites.
- Thumping soundtrack comprised of true tracked module music, in authentic FastTracker 2 format.
- An awe-inspiring arsenal of devastating weapons, including multiple ammo types and alternate fire modes. Tri-barreled revolvers, grenade. launchers, and heat-seeking smart bombs are your best friends!
- Easy access on to level editor and other development tools on day one, plus Steam Workshop support.
Ion Fury Trailer
Ion Fury Review
Ion Fury is a nostalgic '90s throwback that's challenging, funny, cleverly designed, and shockingly attractive both despite and because of its ancient engine, which enables gigantic levels packed with detail. The is classic run and gun FPS action at it's purest and despite running on 20 year old tech, it's still a hell of a lot of fun. Even among its retro FPS peers, 3D Realms has put out a best-in-class experience that rivals anything released this year. The fact that such a game can come after the character’s inauspicious debut in Bombshell makes it all the more miraculous. Ion Fury may look like it plays it safe, but it delivers an exemplary first-person shooter that's better than many of the games that inspired it. Genre fans will be missing out if they choose to pass this one up.