Battlefield meets Totally Accurate Battle Simulator!
Ravenfield is a battlefield shooting game made by SteelRaven7. A game with ragdoll physics where you and your blue allies need to destroy the opposing red team with using helicopters, cars, and guns. Though it’s single-player only, you fight alongside scores of AI friendlies and attempt to secure control of five capture points on an island. Right now there are two maps to play on, 4 main weapons like rifles, a shotgun, and a sniper rifle. The team score bars indicate what team is currently winning, push out the enemy bar to win the game! You can also win the game by capturing all spawn points. Take down those pesky Reds using helicopters, tanks, guns, and active ragdoll physics!
|Release Date: 18 May, 2017
Genre: Action, Shooting, Indie
OS: Win XP 32
OS: Win 7 64
- Capture flags, kill the enemy and be the first to score 200 points to win.
- Easy-to-pickup, singleplayer mayhem
- The number of combatants is only limited by what your computer can handle!
- Ragdoll physics where you and your blue allies need to destroy the opposing red team.
- Helicopters, jeeps, and boats, and your choice of loadout weapons like a sniper rifle, AK-47, and shotgun.
- Damaged soldiers drop team-colored blood splats, indicating where battles have taken place
Ravenfield is a first person shooter indie game with ragdoll physics. The simple, low polygon style reminds quite a bit of Totally Accurate Battle Simulator, and it really does feel like Battlefield. The game consists of hectic, fast-paced red-against-blue warfare over a variety of maps, guns, and gamemodes. One should keep in mind that this isn't a professional, polished game but instead was initially designed as an experiment with ragdoll physics and artificial intelligence but gained in popularity, so development continues casually. For such a simple game, the gameplay is actually extremely fun as you can pilot vehicles like tanks and helicopters, snipe opponents, toss frag grenades, and do just about anything you could normally do in a pay style FPS. There's also two maps right now, a smaller, more compact map called the Island, and a larger, more sprawling map called the Dust Bowl. Capture flags, kill the enemy and be the first to score 200 points to win. Fast-paced and somewhat grisly FPS well worth your time.