A modern take on classic GTA sandbox action.
American Fugitive is a 3D top-down open-world game made by Fallen Tree Games Ltd and published by Curve Digital. You take the role of Will Riley. No angel for sure – but not a killer. Yet the cold-blooded murder of your dad is the crime they locked you up for. Fuelled by grief and a burning desire for vengeance, you’ll bust out of jail intent on finding the real culprit. Set in the deep south of the 1980s, American Fugitive is a love-letter to the classic movies and games of old.
|Release Date: 21 May, 2019|
Developer: Fallen Tree Games Ltd
Publisher: Curve Digital
Genre: Action, Adventure, Driving, Indie
Steam Download – American Fugitive
|Minimum Specifications |
OS: Win 7
|Recommended Specifications |
OS: Win 10
- A modern take on classic sandbox action – Rediscover the joy of top-down carnage with stunning 3D graphics and destructible environments, dramatic storytelling and epic car-chase mayhem.
- Choose the life of a felon – Rob houses, steal cars, arm yourself to the teeth. Just don’t get caught!
- A mature action game based on an original story – Unravel a plot of mystery, deception and corruption, full of twists and turns, inhabited by a motley cast of law-breakers and law-enforcers.
- Put the pedal to the metal – Test yourself against time trial challenges and stunt jumps dotted throughout the world, using any of the numerous vehicles.
- A stunning open-world environment – Explore Redrock County on foot on by car – a beautiful and vibrant slice of 80s rural USA.
- A wealth of activities – Whether you’re undertaking jobs for the criminal underworld, uncovering hidden stashes, looting houses, sticking up stores, or fencing fine art, remain vigilant. The crooked cops will stop at nothing to see you back behind bars!
American Fugitive Trailer
American Fugitive Review
American Fugitive is a great game in the style of old school GTA. You play as Will, a petty crook wrongly convicted for his father's murder. You escape from jail, and with the help of your brother-in-law Dwayne (and some new friends) you start searching for the real killer. As a huge fan of the original top-down GTA titles and later, Chinatown Wars, this game ticks all the right boxes. Played for a couple of hours and it is a total blast, in particular the freewheeling carnage that spirals out of its sandbox mechanics. The gameplay is fluid and super fun, especially the driving part just feels right you can actually feel the road. They story is a classic revenge story nothing special but you don't need special with this awesome immersive gameplay. If you really like the role-playing feel of the GTA games with a mellow mechanics this is your game. The mechanics and interactions on NPC and environment are spot on. I do love it, and would like to thank the Devs for bringing this sort of gameplay back.