Engage swarms of aliens in frenetic combat.
Hive Jump is an indie platformer made by Graphite Lab studio. You and your friends assume the role of JUMPERS, and blast your way through procedurally generated alien hives in chaotic run and gun platforming action. In the 24th century, humanity is at war with a hostile alien race. Outnumbered a million to one, mankind’s only hope of survival is the J.U.M.P. Corps. Its mission is to fight the alien menace hive by hive and planet by planet. Defeat fierce alien bosses to complete your mission and save the galaxy. Up to 4 Players band together in Local or Online Co-op to kill aliens, avoid traps, collect treasures and discover lost relics.
Release Date: 18 January, 2017
Developer: Graphite Lab
Publisher: Graphite Lab
Genre: Indie, Action, Platformer
OS: Win 7
OS: Win 7 64
- Avoid traps, withstand ambushes, discover treasures, rescue survivors, and more.
- Sci-Fi Arsenal: Pulverize aliens with pulse rifles, flamethrowers, and a variety of unlockable and upgradable weapons that persist between missions.
- Co-op Multiplayer: Play online with Steam friends or via matchmaking! Or play local “couch” co-op on one pc.
- Hand-Designed Challenges: Plunder challenge rooms and uncover lost relics to boost the power of your jumpers for that mission.
- Procedural Levels: Jump into procedurally generated alien hives. Level modifiers like dark levels keep you on your toes and offer new challenges to overcome.
- Dynamic Lighting: Experience pixel-perfect dynamic lighting using Sprite Lamp.
- Unique Permadeath: Keep the transponder backpack in one piece! It is your mobile respawn point and if it is destroyed your team has no more lives.
- Daily/Weekly Challenges: Compete with friends and strangers to see who is the greatest jumper in the galaxy with Daily and Weekly Challenge missions with Leaderboards coming soon.
- Challenging AI: Intelligent and fierce enemies will hunt you throughout the hive.
- Gamepad Support: Play Hive Jump using your favorite console controller.
- Strategic Campaigns: The results of your jumps directly impact the ongoing galactic war against the aliens. Manage your planetary campaign between jumps in a turn-based strategy mode.
Hive Jump Trailer
Hive Jump Review:
HIVE JUMP is a sci-fi action platformer for 1-4 players blending run ‘n gun gameplay with roguelike elements. You play as a JUMPER, fighting a war for the very survival of Humankind against an hostile alien race. The gameplay is fun, fast, and frenetic, but some nicely implemented mechanics keep it from being overwhelming. There are 3 different modes in the game right now. You've got the Arcade mode which lets you play through a series of levels, defeat a few bosses and then, if you manage to survive, your mission is complete. The other 2 modes you’ve got are the daily and weekly challenges. Good solid arcade fun. Great to play with friends, deaths aren't too punishing, weapons/abilities are interesting, and boss fights are so far varied and challenging. Putting in a touch of permadeath works surprisingly well for an action-platformer, making you play more carefully than a game like Contra or Metal Slug. The game has many upgrades and character modifiers that can be unlocked using an in-game currency. Really would recommend buying the early access or full game when it comes out.