Step into a surreal interactive tale of mystery and investigate the perplexing quietness in the entire town.
Kona is an adventure game made by Parabole. A chilly, narrative-driven interactive tale you won’t soon forget. Step into the shoes of a detective to explore the eerie village, investigate surreal events, and battle the elements to survive. In Kona, Carl becomes trapped up in the deep north, engulfed in an unexpected snowstorm, and is unable to find his client —or any other living inhabitant for that matter. The player incarnated detective Faubert, who must shed light on the mysterious events befalling the area.
Release Date: 17 March, 2017
Genre: Adventure, Indie
OS: Win 7
OS: Win 7 64
- Step into a surreal interactive tale of mystery and investigate the perplexing quietness in the entire town.
- Experience the tale through the omniscient, third-person storyteller.
- Explore a vast, frigid Northern environment and battle the elements to survive.
- Go back in time with a vintage look and feel reminiscent of 1970s rural communities.
- Enjoy the atmospheric soundtrack featuring music by Quebec folk band Curé Label.
Kona is an adventure first person game where you take control of the detective Carl Fauberg who finds himself investigating the murder of his new employer as well as mysterious events occurring during the blizzard. The whole feeling of being trapped in the snow and figuring out what is going on has been done in a very excellent way. The atmosphere is unparalleled, the exploration is tense yet rewarding, and the vehicle simulation is so polished it makes you giddy at the thought of getting to drive the snowmobile. The controls are intuitive and easy to use on both keyboard and controller. There are a fair few side objectives or treasures to find in this game, which is fun as long as he keeps warm! Kona looks to be the start of an excellent mystery game with very well executed survival elements, and the open and generally non-linear gameplay will certainly catch the interest of most who play it. Awesome game that keeps you on your toes!