Explore the post-cataclysmic world and attempt to revive humanity.
Livelock is a top-down shooter game featuring both solo and cooperative multiplayer, developed by Tuque Games and published by Perfect World Entertainment on August 30, 2016. As one of the remaining Capital Intellects, your role is to unlock Eden and revive humanity. The top-down twinstick shooter game has been described as similar to the Diablo series in gameplay, but with guns and in a post-apocalyptic setting. Take control of one of three mechanical chassis – Hex, Vanguard or Catalyst – to defeat intelligent mechanical enemies.
Relase date: August 30, 2016
Developer: Tuque Games
Publisher: Perfect World Entertainment
Genre: Action, Indie
OS: Win 7 64
OS: Win 10 64
- Three-Player Co-op. Combine forces and coordinate with friends to take advantage of class strengths; each chassis has a distinct personality and arsenal to match.
- Intelligent Action. Overcome chaotic skirmishes where complete mastery of your arsenal and understanding of enemy behaviors is the key to survival.
- Infinite War. Explore the post-cataclysmic world and attempt to revive humanity in Story Mode or fight through dynamically generated waves of enemies in Survival Mode.
- Firepower at your Fingertips. Create shockwaves through the earth, summon devastating drones, and call down massive lasers from orbit at the push of a button.
- Devastating Firepower. Combine your weaponry with devastating class-based skills. Create earth-shattering shockwaves, summon lethal automated drones, and call down searing lasers from orbit at the push of a button.
- Human Intellect vs Artificial Intelligence. Turn the difficulty up to Singular and battle against an A.I. that has evolved over centuries with the sole purpose of dismantling you as efficiently as possible.
Pretty solid all around in the online co-op top down shooter genre. The gameplay is delightfully hectic and destructive, while the RPG elements make for a more engaging experience. Good enemy variety, along with enhancers in statuses/different mechanics to keep things fresh. Overall, combat pace is good, and there's different missions/elements that help keep things fresh in the long run. Every moment is pure destructive joy, the likes of which absolutely must be played. The whole running through a post-apocaltypic wasteland full of robots that you can mow down with an arsenal of weapons and 'functions' is hugely enjoyable. If you’re a fan of top down shooters but also enjoy a deeper gameplay experience, then I couldn’t recommend Livelock highly enough.