Welcome to the City of Glass
The city of Glass is ruled by the Conglomerate, which in turn is comprised of several powerful corporations, but it’s not the only faction in town. Other groups exist – those working against the oppression, those supporting it, and those in between. The main character, Faith, will have a “broader move set” and some new abilities, such as being able to round corners while wall-running by grabbing onto pipes. She’ll be able to make expanded use of her environment to take down enemies by leaping off walls and ledges to take them out in one blow.
|Relase date: June 7, 2016|
Developer: EA DICE
Mirror’s Edge Catalyst
|Minimum Specifications |
OS: Win 7 64
|Recommended Specifications |
OS: Win 10 64
- MOVEMENT. The fluidity of movement, and how your mind, hands, and controller work in unison is key in Mirror’s Edge™ Catalyst.
- SOCIAL PLAY. Connect with your Runner friends. Challenge them to your own Time Trials or place a Beat L.E. within Glass for them to find. The Social Play of Mirror’s Edge Catalyst will appeal to both novice and pro Runners.
- MAG ROPE & DISRUPTOR. MAG Rope – Latches on to specific cameras in the world, using the Conglomerate’s own surveillance equipment against them to gain new and unique traversal opportunities. isruptor – Leveraging the MAG Rope’s power source and a military grade decryption mod, Faith’s glove can disrupt KrugerSec systems, eventually even destroying their AI.
- COMBAT. Faith doesn’t need a weapon; she uses her environment, momentum, and physicality to overcome any challenge. She can use her momentum to deliver heavy blows or to flow right through an opponent when taking them down isn’t necessary. Movement is her defence and momentum her power.
- ATTACK TYPES. Deliver devastating full body Heavy Traversal Attacks that throw your opponents stumbling into walls, over railings, and into each other. Use your momentum to flow right through KrugerSec as you string together a series of Light Traversal Attacks, building focus, and keeping speed. Outmaneuver opponents as you Shift behind them for a kick to the back. Or take advantage of a stun with a few rapid punches before Shifting away to avoid retaliation or a counter.
- MOMENTUM. Build momentum to do daring jumps between rooftops or stylish slides through tight spaces. Use the new Shift move to get a short burst of acceleration in any direction. For a quick change of plan, tweak any move with Quickturn, a rapid 180 or 90 degree turn.
- TRAVERSAL. Hit top speed quickly zipping down wire lines. Balance on pipes before smoothly dropping to a hang before climbing, hand over hand, under an obstacle. Run vertically and horizontally on any wall and use your environment to swing around corners or over gaps.
- GADGETS. Faith’s running skills, martial arts knowledge, and determination is expanded on with a few pieces of hardware used to traverse the city and rise against the oppression smothering the citizens of Glass.
- FOCUS. Fast, light, and agile, Faith must stay focused and use her movement to survive. Focus is gained from free running, and once Faith has Focus enemies cannot hit her. Focus is lost from low speed and being attacked, so it is essential to maintain a balance of out-traversing opponents and engaging them directly.
Mirror’s Edge Catalyst Official Trailer
Mirror’s Edge Catalyst Reviews
As far as parkour gameplay is concerned, this is a well done reboot with more story and content, but the the integration of new ideas feels artificial. Still an exciting game to explore and look around, it's hard not to recommend Mirror's Edge if you're looking for something different, which it still is.