R-Type and R-Type II, the legendary coin-op space shooters, together in one game.
R-Type Dimensions EX is an arcade shooting game made and published by Tozai Games, Inc. and ESQUADRA,inc. The classic game-play remains untouched while the new Infinite game mode allows continuous progression from game start to final boss… the Bydo will not evade you this time! Both game modes can be played as single player or local multiplayer. Pull yourself together, save the earth and strike down the Evil Bydo Empire! Fight through all 14 Bydo-infested stages in retro 2D graphics or shiny 3D graphics – and swap back and forth with the touch of a button ‘on-the-fly’. The new 3D graphics are accompanied by fully re-imagined arrangements of the timeless R-Type music tracks!
|Release Date: 28 Nov, 2018|
Developer: Tozai Games, Inc., ESQUADRA,inc.
Publisher: Tozai Games, Inc.
Genre: Action, Arcade, Shooting
R-Type Dimensions EX
|Minimum Specifications |
OS: Win 7
|Recommended Specifications |
OS: Win 10
- Two Complete Games!: All 8 original R-Type levels + all 6 original R-Type II levels. Classic gameplay is unchanged and just as challenging as the original coin-op versions.
- Classic Mode!: Play the classic R-Type & R-Type II just like the original version!
- Hi-Res 3D Graphics + Fully Revamped Music!: Choose between 2D graphics with classic, retro music or shiny 3D graphics with snazzy, reworked music and sound effects. Switch between graphic and audio modes with the press of a button during play!
- Co-Op Mode!: Go it alone or blast the Bydos with a buddy. Play friendly without collision, or flip it on for competitive play!
- New Infinite Mode!: With infinite ships you’re sure to finally conquer the Bydos! Stage select allows you to practice and play the levels you want.
R-Type Dimensions EX Trailer
R-Type Dimensions EX Review
R-Type Dimensions EX is exactly like the old arcade versions of R-Type and R-Type II. The level design is identical to the origin games the way when it was first released in the late 80s. They kept everything: graphics, musics and playability and you can optionally enable the newer versions, including with a seamless on the fly transition while you play. Breeze through the bullets with your slow-motion button, or increase your speed with the fast-forward button. In Infinite mode, you can also power-up your ship to its maximum with one button! The new 3D graphics look good and, most importantly, they don't distract from the action or look out of place. The music has been enhanced and is of a similar style as R-Type Delta. A must have for any R-Type fan, if you're looking for that nostalgia, don't miss it. And for the rest, a nice looking shooter.