The smash-hit swipe ‘em up series Reigns from Nerial and Devolver Digital.
Reigns: Game of Thrones is a strategy game made by Nerial and published by Devolver Digital. As the third entry in and a spin-off from the Reigns series, after Reigns (2016) and Reigns: Her Majesty (2017), the game is based on characters from the Game of Thrones franchise. hrough the fiery visions of Melisandre, claim the Iron Throne as Cersei Lannister, Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen, and more to carefully navigate the complex relationships and hostile factions of the Seven Kingdoms. Employ ruthless tactics to outwit political rivals and wield impervious charm on your fickle bannerman. Maintain the balance and favor of the people to extend your reign and maybe, one day, survive the horrors of the coming winter.
Release Date: 18 Oct, 2018
Publisher: Devolver Digital
Genre: Adventure, Indie, RPG
Reigns: Game of Thrones
OS: Win 7
OS: Win 10
- A Formidable Cast: Rule from the Iron Throne as Cersei Lannister, Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen, Tyrion Lannister, Sansa Stark, and more. Change between each king and queen you unlock to face challenges and mysteries unique to their story.
- Regal Mini Games: Even the most powerful rulers need to set aside their worries and partake in more trivial matters now and then. From jousting to tavern brawls, these distractions aren’t without consequence!
- Impose Your Will: Swipe left or right to change the fate of the Seven Kingdoms forever as you hear the impassioned pleas and unpredictable demands from the people of Westeros. If a particular character becomes bothersome, tear their card in half to unburden Your Majesty with their concerns – but at what cost?
- A Grander Reigns: Fans of the Reigns series will be delighted with the biggest, deepest entry in the series that does not simply retell the stories you know but rather lets you create new adventures at your whim.
- Reenvision Westeros: Melisandre’s visions are your playing field and extend beyond the TV series to imagine the many fates of those that would sit upon the Iron Throne. Rebuild the Great Sept of Baelor as Cersei or discover the path of the Seven Kingdoms if Sansa Stark had married Jaime Lannister.
- Iconic Soundtrack: Decide the fate of Westeros and those that reside in your land to the soaring score of the HBO series by Ramin Djawadi.
Reigns: Game of Thrones Trailer
Reigns: Game of Thrones Review
Reigns: Game of Thrones is by no means perfect. It doesn't lend itself to long play sessions thanks to the potential for repetition, which can make the action feel tedious. But that's ultimately a minor quibble for what's a genuinely fun experience: a choose-your-own adventure where you're faced with non-stop decisions and a seemingly endless combination of ways for things to play out. Reigns: GoT plays similarly to its predecessors. Described as a "swipe 'em up", the game puts the player in the position of one of the reigns of Westeros from the Game of Thrones universe, including Cersei Lannister, Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen, Tyrion Lannister and Sansa Stark. In the game, the player is presented with a question regarding the ruling of their kingdom, coupled with a binary choice: Swipe left to accept or right to decline the matter of the question. Every choice the player makes can have an impact on four factors—military strength, religious favour, domestic popularity and state wealth. Each card indicates which factors would be affected by either descision, but now how strongly or whether the effect would be positive or negative. If either factor rises to its maximum or falls to its minimum, the monarch dies and is succeeded. In Reigns: Game of Thrones, the player begins playing with Daenerys Targaryen and progressively unlocks other characters throughout the gameplay. With each character, the player enouncters different challenges based on ther characters' stories. The game also includes minigames, such as jousting and tavern brawling. It’s fun to feel like you’re in control of Westeros, even if it’s only for a little bit before you meet some terrible demise. There’s enough clever things that Nerial does with George R.R. Martin’s fantasy universe that makes Reigns: Game of Thrones worth checking out if you have any affinity for the show or books.