Sailaway gives players the most realistic digital sailing experience to date!
Sailaway is a sailing simulation game developed by Orbcreation and published by The Irregular Corporation. It has been designed to accurately simulate the wonders of sailing as realistically as possible, which means all the little details count! The early difficulty modes will let you sail away while you learn the game and then it truly comes alive when the virtual help is removed and it’s you against the forces of nature. In Sailaway, the oceans of the planet have been recreated with unparalleled accuracy; making a trip across the Pacific take months, just as it would on a real boat. With a persistent online world, adjust your settings and your boat will continue to sail even if you aren’t online.
Release Date: Spring 2017
Publisher: The Irregular Corporation
Genre: Indie, Sports, Simulation
Sailaway – The Sailing Simulator
OS: Win 7
OS: Win 10
- Real Sail Trim. Every control you would expect to find on a real sailboat is here to use in Sailaway, you will be using sheets and trim lines to optimize the shape of your sails and gain every second you can on your journey or race.
- Real Water. The colour of the water you sail upon is effected by a great many things, from the blue of pure water to the brownish colour of muddy rivers. Sailaway adjusts water colour by depth and other influences before it renders a single drop of water to make it as realistic as possible.
- Real Weather. The clouds, wind, fog, rain and snow are all simulated according to the real weather as provided by National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). This means you can use actual weather predictions from your favorite weather service to plan your journey.
- Real Sky. Our ancestors navigated by the stars which is why we made sure the positions of the sun, moon, planets and stars are all correct. There is even a handy feature that highlights the constellations but just like in the real world if the sky happens to be cloudy there will be nothing to see but darkness.
- Real Waves. Sailaway simulates the waves accurately, taking the history of wind direction and wind speed into account, as well as current, water depth and nearby islands or shallow areas. The North Sea has different waves than the Atlantic Ocean or South Pacific and each present their own set of challenges.
- Real Maps. To aid navigation there is an interactive map that can zoom from world scale to small coves, displaying deep and shallow areas, rocks, buoys, lights and everything you need for a safe journey.
Sailaway – The Sailing Simulator Trailer
Sailaway – The Sailing Simulator Review
Sailaway brings all the world's oceans to the comfort of your computer for you to experience the most accurate simulation of sailing you can find anywhere! This simulation offers lots of trimming-possibilities and the boats behavior feels very real. Sailaway gives players the most realistic digital sailing experience to date with in-depth simulations of weather, wind and currents while your boat and it’s sail are modelled to give even the most experienced sailor a work-out. If competitive racing is more your thing then we also have you covered, Sailaway lets you take part in races across the globe! This is a really great sailing game. If you're into sailing and are unable to afford a boat, or are physically unable to manage a boat, then this is definitely the next best thing.