Navigate a living universe filled with thousands of new worlds and hundreds of hand-crafted adventures.
Star Control: Origins is a space role-playing game made and published by Stardock Entertainment. Encounter exotic alien civilizations. Explore strange new worlds. Assemble a fleet mighty enough to face galactic powers that have bestrode the galaxy for thousands of years. Set in the year 2088, humanity has discovered it’s not alone in the universe. Worse yet, it is catastrophically unprepared to deal with what’s out there. In response, Star Control is formed and the player is selected to command the crew of the U.E.S. Vindicator.
Star Control: Origins takes place in a huge living universe just waiting to be explored. Players will find their time split between exploring distant solar systems, landing on exotic planets, navigating hyperspace, and interacting with alien species. Your mission: Save humanity, Captain. At all costs and by any means necessary.
Release Date: 20 Sep, 2018
Developer: Stardock Entertainment
Publisher: Stardock Entertainment
Genre: Indie, RPG, Simulation
Star Control: Origins
OS: Win 7
OS: Win 10
- Navigate a living universe filled with thousands of new worlds and hundreds of hand-crafted adventures.
- Navigate through thousands of planets in a universe that has a deep history spanning back hundreds of thousands of years.
- Travel across exotic and amazing worlds searching for relics, Precursor artifacts, and treasures.
- Design your own ships or download them from Steam to build fleets and take them into combat in fleet battles.
- Meet strange new aliens that can become great allies or terrible enemies.
- Experience and all-new Sci-Fi universe in which you are the central character.
- Find alien technology to upgrade your ship from being an embarrassment to the terror of the galaxy.
Star Control: Origins Trailer
Star Control: Origins Review
Star Control: Origins successfully grasps the perfect balance of serious and silly while making an engaging universe that’s fun to explore. It's like a bigger, better, modernized version of Star Control 2 and the developers at Stardock did an amazing job. They completely captured the feeling of the original and everything you'd expect from a Star Control game is here including the awesome music, funny/crazy alien races with voice acting, ship melee battles, resource collecting, ship upgrades, and much more. SC manages reinvigorate many elements of classic gameplay into a much more modern form whilst still managing to be fun and enjoyable to play. Space exploration has been enhanced to make the galaxy feel and look lived in with alien ships moving around doing their thing. If you were a fan of Star Control, or any other of the myriad of games it was inspired by or that it inspired, this game is more than worth the money.