Play as a submarine captain, engineer, mechanic, medic or security officer.
Barotrauma is a 2d submarine simulation game made by FakeFish & Undertow Games and published by Daedalic Entertainment. Play with friends in adrenaline-filled co-operative gameplay, navigate Europa’s frozen depths in single player mode and transform the game with fully integrated mod tools and Steam Workshop. Procedural levels and events ensure no two games will ever be exactly alike. Overcome crisis and the unrelenting pressure of a frozen ocean. In the not too distant future, where habitable places have become scarce, humanity has arrived on Jupiter’s moon. Europa with its frozen surface is a hostile environment, and life can only be found in the dark ocean beneath the ice – and the small pockets of human habitation are not the only form of life to be found there.
|Release Date: 5 Jun, 2019|
Developer: FakeFish, Undertow Games
Publisher: Daedalic Entertainment
Genre: Action, Indie, Simulation, Strategy
Steam Download – Barotrauma
|Minimum Specifications |
OS: Win 7
|Recommended Specifications |
OS: Win 10
- Play as a submarine captain, engineer, mechanic, medic or security officer. Help your teammates survive, or make sure no one does.
- Navigate dangerous environments and flee or fight the creatures that you encounter.
- Operate the many onboard systems of your submarine, from nuclear reactors to sonar, guns, engines and more.
- Explore alien ruins and wrecked submarines to discover rare and powerful artifacts and resources.
- Create tools, drugs and weapons with the comprehensive crafting system.
- Unleash your creativity with the submarine editor, character and procedural animation editor. Share and discover mods directly via Steam Workshop.
Barotrauma is a 2D co-op game about piloting a Submarine on the icy depths of the Alien world of Jupiter's moon, Europa. Located under a miles-thick Icy crust, the leaky Bathub you call a Submarine is the only thing between you and the native wildlife. The game features procedurally generated maps, and procedurally generated levels, and procedurally generated animations due to the fact that every living thing is made up of Ragdolls. Randomness is what gives this game infinite replayability. So much fun with friends and other people. If you don’t know to lose in games or if you must take everything seriously this probably isn’t for you. You will die and fail a lot. You can get various missions which lead to different situations that can either kill you or benefit you. Barotrauma demands a certain mentality from its players; you can't be afraid to lose, and you should be ready to embrace loss as an entertaining experience. If you're willing to put up with being another piece of meat in the grinder from time to time, you'll have some experiences you won't soon forget.