Can you survive the game in a single run, and reach the ranks of the legendary Descenders?
Descenders is a bike racing game made by RageSquid Studio and published by No More Robots. Will you join the die-hard, trick-frenzy ranks of Team Enemy, the proficient, off-road stylings of Team Arboreal, or the high-octane, speed-is-everything Team Kinetic? Grab your bike, pick your team, and attempt to live up to the legend of your Descender. In Descenders, your team is your life. When you pick a side — Enemy, Arboreal or Kinetic — you’ll be bound together with other players who choose the same side as you.
|Release Date: 7 May, 2019|
Publisher: No More Robots
Genre: Sports, Racing
Steam Download – Descenders
|Minimum Specifications |
OS: Win 7
|Recommended Specifications |
OS: Win 10
- Procedurally generated worlds: Take on different jumps, slopes and hillbombs every time you play
- Build your Rep: A fully-featured online Rep system lets you show off your worth, and earn new bikes and threads
- Freestyle bike controls: Control every subtle movement of your rider, with an in-depth physics system made for slick whips and scrubs
- Fully licensed soundtrack: We’ve partnered up with drum & bass label Liquicity to bring you the perfect soundtrack for hitting the mountains
- Rogue-Bike: Earn special mutators each time you play, and work out which abilities work best for your riding style
- Become the next Descender: Can you survive the game in a single run, and reach the ranks of the legendary Descenders?
Descenders is extreme downhill freeriding for the modern era, with procedurally generated worlds, and where mistakes have real consequences. It is a yet another successful experiment in expanding roguelike concepts into new and different genres, along with tight controls, realistic physics, and easy-to-execute stunts. Every world you ride through is designed to be procedurally generated before you play it, so you never ride the same level twice giving you a fresh experience each time you play. The title is both stable and fully-featured enough for a proper release to seem perfectly reasonable. Randomized courses and great downhill play would have been more than enough to make it worth recommending, but the player choice of overworld maps and the risk-based scoring system raise it to another level. How you accomplish goals or tracks, is your choice. Stay on the track, or don't. Up to you. The game provides much more freedom that first realized. Slowly ride to the bottom of the hill, and you will pass the run... but did you achieve the goal? The choice is yours. This is not to be missed for fans of the stunt biking experience.