A journey into the dark secrets of a fractured home.
Infliction is a horror game made and published by Caustic Reality. Wander through the remnants of a once-happy family, reading letters and journals, listening to voicemails, and piecing together clues to understand the terrible events that led you here. Infliction is an interactive nightmare, a horrific exploration of the darkness that can lurk within the most normal-looking suburban home. However, you are not alone. Something else has remained in this house, a being of infinite grief and rage. While you hunt for clues, it hunts you, waiting for its chance to unleash its anger on you.
|Release Date: 18 Oct, 2018|
Developer: Caustic Reality
Publisher: Caustic Reality
Genre: Adventure, Indie, Horror
|Minimum Specifications |
OS: Win 7
|Recommended Specifications |
OS: Win 10
- You are not alone. A restless AI enemy will be stalking you, and you really don’t want to be caught. Will you run, hide, or find some way to fight back?
- Almost too real. The story is grounded in real-world domestic tragedy, the fears and hurts that we all know: broken hearts, betrayed trust, grief, and loss.
- Warped reality. Explore a realistic, interactive suburban house that gets more fractured and twisted the deeper you go.
- Light and dark. The power of Unreal renders a photorealistic environment with dynamic lights and shadows that can dazzle you or plunge you into darkness.
- Piece it together. Read letters, find diaries, and examine the precious mementos of a broken family to understand the terrible events that led you here.
- Choose your challenge. Standard difficulty will occasionally point you in the right direction, but in hardcore mode you will be on completely on your own.
Infliction is a horror game which takes place in a house with many secrets to tell. Best way to describe the game is, it's a game you progress through and explore the aspects of the human condition. This is how you make a horror game, Its been a while since a game made me feel genuinely scared and infliction doesn't do this through cheap jump scares, instead it builds suspense and tells the story through in-game clues and discovery. The environments are beautifully rendered and are fun to explore. Little hidden Easter eggs are humourous to discover. I recommend this for the individual who really digs a interesting story telling experience.