Period-accurate weapons, uniforms, gear and maps make Rising Storm 2: Vietnam an accurate representation of the Vietnam War.
Rising Storm 2: Vietnam is a Vietnam War-themed tactical first-person shooter video game made by Antimatter Games and Tripwire Interactive. For the first time, the authentic gunplay and visceral first-person action of the Red Orchestra series is coming to an era of automatic rifles, man-portable grenade launchers and more modern weapons systems. Weapons have a wide range of functionality with in-game implications such as: Adjustable Stocks & Bayonets, Dial in the range with Iron Sights and Scopes, Advanced Recoil System, Enhanced Sniper Scopes, Alternate Weapon Variants & Ammo Loadouts. All of these features build on the already phenomenal weapon handling that the Red Orchestra series is famous for. Rising Storm 2: Vietnam casts players into a brutal, authentic recreation of the Vietnam War. Rising Storm 2: Vietnam is the sequel to PC Gamer’s 2011 & 2013 ‘Multiplayer Game of the Year’, the same team that created the award-winning and innovative asymmetric gameplay of the original Rising Storm.
Release Date: Q2 2017
Developer: Antimatter Games, Tripwire Interactive
Publisher: Tripwire Interactive
Genre: Action, Shooting, MMO, Strategy
Rising Storm 2: Vietnam
OS: Win 7
OS: Win 7 64
- 30+ Authentic Weapons. Period-accurate weapons, uniforms, gear and maps make Rising Storm 2: Vietnam an accurate, true-to-life representation of the Vietnam War.
- Historical World. Maps will include the famous jungles of Vietnam, but will also cover battles that occurred in cities, on rolling hills, in US Firebases, Rice Fields, Plantations and many more authentic locations.
- Ride of the Valkyries. Players on the US team will be able to pilot 3 different helicopters: UH-1H Huey Transport, OH-6 Loach Light Recon, AH-1G Cobra Attack Helicopter
- Epic 64 player battles. Rising Storm 2: Vietnam offers intense tactical action for up to 64 players in battles between the US forces and the North Vietnamese.
- Create a Squad. Enhanced squad system that allows players to set up squads as they want them – name them, add their friends, set the squad tag color in game.
- Personalize Your Uniform. Customize your character with additional uniform and equipment variants earned as you Level Up.
Rising Storm 2: Vietnam Trailer
Rising Storm 2: Vietnam Review
Rising Storm 2: Vietnam pits 64 players against one another from either the South or the North in the Vietnam War conflict, utilizing era-specific equipment and weaponry. Careful research and attention to detail has gone into every location, weapon, sound and army depicted in the game. Each faction will feature unique abilities and options to reflect upon the asymmetrical nature of the game. At launch, players can choose between the Northern Liberation Front (NLF/VC) and the North Vietnamese Army (PAVN/NVA), against the United States Army and United States Marine Corps. Each force has their own unique abilities and tactical advantages such as Napalm Strikes, Artillery Barrages, surface-to-air missiles, traps, ambushes and more. Rising Storm 2: Vietnam features several new innovations to the franchise including tunneling and player-controlled aircraft made up of military helicopters. Customize your character with additional uniform and equipment variants earned as you Level Up. These items include new headgear, clothing, tattoos, glasses and more.