Song of the Deep delivers unique gameplay in a tale of love, heartbreak, and triumph.
Dive into this action-adventure game and follow girl’s quest into the ocean to find her father. Suspense, exploration, and challenges await you in the deep! The game plays as a two-dimensional side-scroller in the style of a Metroidvania game. Areas of the game’s world require the player to locate special improvements for Merryn and her equipment to surpass obstacles and explore further. While there are enemies in the game that can harm Merryn, the game is aimed less towards combat and more on exploration and puzzle solving, with some emphasis on the nature of how objects behave underwater. Featuring a hand-crafted and artisan action-adventure game that combines discovery, skill, and suspense with an unforgettable narrative, this underwater journey will challenge players to explore, experiment, and skillfully navigate an amazing world like you’ve never seen before.
Relase date: July 12, 2016
Developer: Insomniac Games
Song of the Deep
OS: Win 7 64
OS: Win 7 64
- With a rickety submarine, Merryn will explore the vast ocean depths in this side-scrolling Metroidvania-style adventure game. Song of the Deep delivers unique gameplay in a tale of love, heartbreak, and triumph.
- Experience an unforgettable journey: A powerful tale about a daughter defying impossible odds to search for her father.
- Explore a fantastic non-linear interactive underwater world, from ruins to boneyards to gardens. Every corner of the ocean offers a new surprise.
- Outwit, outmaneuver, and battle creatures along the way, from lantern jellies to giant bosses.
- Upgrade your submarine with new abilities to access new areas of the sea, and combine your abilities in surprising ways like catching a torpedo with your claw arm.
Song of the Deep Trailer
Song of the Deep Reviews:
If you are thirsty for an interesting Metroidvania game, Song of the Deep’s gonna give you a lot of satisfaction. The gameplay makes a fantastic first impression. Its gorgeous world, charming characters, and melancholy tone make for a unique and effective aesthetic. Song of the Deep is gorgeous and has some creative ideas, but lacks the polish to make it a must-play.